Fostering creativity through dance
Dancescape Studio, your premiere, competition-free dance studio, is a local community dance studio owned and operated by Jessica Boudreau.
We have been an established studio in this community for the past 17 years. We have renovated our building to meet our students’ needs and to provide the best possible dance instruction.
Our mission is to instill within each student the love of dance and to assist all students to develop as poised, self-assured individuals.
Our goal is to develop the creativity of each and every student in a positive, professional environment. We now have a state-of-the-art studio to accommodate our students growing needs.
The DancePlayers, Junior Dancer Performing Group, and all of our students participate in local festivals, community plays, and our own performances, including our annual Christmas show, “A Joyful Noise unto the Lord”, which will celebrate its 52nd annual performance this year! This Christmas tradition was created by the founder of Creative Dance Center, Mrs. Rosemerry Fuhrmann Hanian.
Why choose Dancescape Studio?
- Studio director and faculty attend dance teacher workshop in New York and Los Angeles annually, returning with fresh perspectives in their disciplines and up-to date teaching methods each year.
- Office managers on staff allow for communication and transactions without interrupting classes.
- Our dance space offers both front and side mirrors, encouraging habits of self-correction.
- Dual-level and adjustable ballet barres allow all ballet dancers to participate safely and comfortably.
- Retractable curtains allow teachers to challenge students as performance dates approach by covering the mirrors.
- Changing room provides dancers with a clean space to dress for class.
- Students can join the Dancescape Divas & Dudes, our marching group, which dances annually in Covington's Olympia Mardi Gras Parade.
- Students have the opportunity to be cast in Dancescape's annual Christmas show, a Covington tradition for over 50 years!
- Promising students are invited to join the studio performing group, which travels locally to venues such as fairs and festivals, including the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (Jazz Fest).
- Director Jessica Boudreau mentors members of the performing group in creating dance project pieces, guiding them through choreography, staging, costuming, and performance.